Patrick Markey, Principal
Attorney at Law
I help clients minimize the destruction of divorce whether it be through the collaborative law model, the court process or mediation. My focus is on complex family law cases and representing professionals and their spouses who value a proactive solution orientated approach to their divorce. Our policy is to provide prompt responses and regular status updates to clients. Keeping the client informed about their cases is the highest priority. We as a firm are accessible when needed. Clients want a speedy resolution to their divorce or family law matter without sacrificing the best possible outcome. I am a strong advocate of the Collaborative Law and mediation dispute resolution methods for their ability to custom-craft solutions, minimize conflict and usually reduce the time of a case. Not only are we experts on family law, but we understand the impact of divorce on children and we help client’s develop co-parenting relationships. Clients deserve to be treated with kindness and empathy during this difficult time. We as a firm represent clients in a professional, ethical manner. The firm uses the latest technology to save time and make the client’s experience easier.
- Selected as an Illinois Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine for 2023. This distinction is limited to the top 5% of lawyers in each practice area. In 2015, selected as a “Rising Star” which is only granted to 2.5% of lawyers. Super Lawyers has a patented multiphase process that includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
- Chicago Bar Association Milton H. Grey Award for Outstanding Project Leadership (2012).
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois (CLII) Executive Board Member
- Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR) Volunteer Mediator
- Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Father of two boys
Divorce should not be looked at as a battle, but as a series of complex problems that need solutions. My clients appreciate my responsiveness, efficiency, and straightforward approach to cases. They want an attorney that is compassionate, honest, professional, competent and that always keeps them informed.